By Jan Schultz
The Imperial Republican
Nineteen members of the Chase County Schools Class of 2009 will be furthering their education this fall with scholarships.
Coming from colleges and universities, foundations and local organizations, the scholarships were announced during the CCS commencement exercises on Saturday.
Here is the list as provided by CCS Guidance Counselor Marcie Yaw.
- Edgar Almanza—MPCC North Platte: Board of Governors, Freshmen Academic Award, Imperial Eastern Star, CCHS Student Council.
- Megan Bauerle—UNL Dean’s Scholarship.
- Preston Bernhardt—UNK Chancellors, Wayne and Marguerite Hoover, Alice Hayes, Don Maucher Track Award, Hill’s Family Foods, Young Farmers & Ranchers.
- Jacob Boggs—Joe and Stu Knoetzel Memorial.
- Kim Brophy—UNK Chancellors, Highline Electric, CCHS Student Council.
- Nichole Dickey—UNK Merit Scholar Award, Leu Foundation, Imperial Lions Club, Great Plains Communications, Imperial Masons, CCHS Student Council.
- Brett Harmon—Mid-Plains Community College House Construction.
- Schyler Heathers—Peter Kiewit, Albert & Bernice Hansen, University of WY Peak, Chase County 4-H Council, McNair Agency.
- Miranda Knobbe—Chadron State College Gold Presidential, Mabel Poppe Memorial, Gladys and Leslie Smith Jr. Memorial, Emergency Medical Services, American Red Cross, Kermit B. & Lottie Wolf Karns Endowment, Trinity Methodist Church.
- Scott Lakey—Leu Foundation, CCHS Student Council, Chase County 4-H Council, Eagles Auxiliary.
- Jeremy Mathews—CCHS Student Council, Hill’s Family Foods.
- Daniel Morales—Emergency Medical Services.
- Elizabeth Morse—VFW Auxiliary, Central Community College Early Advantage, Virginia Smith, Imperial Rotary.
- Luke Peterson—Car Nutz.
- Josh Schuman—UNK Chancellor’s, UNK History Dept., UNK Honors Program, Adam’s Bank & Trust.
- Alex Sharp—Imperial Community Foundation, Imperial Eastern Star, First State Bank & Trust, CCHS Student Council, Great Plains Communications, Wayne & Marguerite Hoover, Southeast Community College Merit, Imperial Education Association, McNair Agency.
- Molly Strand—Alta Hier, Imperial Chamber of Commerce.
- Morgan Strand—UNK Regents, UNK Honors Program Housing, Albert & Bernice Hansen.
- Kerry Swanson—UNL David, UNK Regents, UNK Honors Program Housing, University of Northern Colorado Undergraduate Scholarship, Colorado School of Mines Merit, Imperial Rotary.