The Chase County Hospital Foundation is in the final stages of preparation for the seventh annual Slice Fore Life Golf Benefit, a four-person scramble to be held June 21.
The annual event will be held at the Imperial Country Club. Registration begins at 8 a.m. and shotgun start at 9 a.m. Several team slots are still available.
“Funds raised by the golf benefit are always important to the work of the Foundation. Money raised at this year’s event has more significance as it will be used to match the $25,000 Challenge Grant being offered by BW Telcom,” according to Randy Vlasin, Executive Director of the CCH Foundation.
Earlier this spring, BW Telcom presented the CCH Foundation with a $25,000 Challenge Grant. Proceeds from this grant and matching funds will be used to purchase a new gastroscope for the surgical department at the hospital. The gastroscope is an essential piece of equipment used in a variety of procedures, Vlasin said.
Private donations to match the grant are also being accepted. The Foundation hopes to reach the $25,000 goal by mid-July.
The Slice Fore Life Golf Benefit has an added feature this year.
After the golfing, there will be entertainment at Broken Arrow Cellars in Imperial beginning around 5 p.m. Music will be provided by Paul Gaschler and Company. The public is invited to come out and enjoy the music and participate in a silent auction that is held in conjunction with the benefit.
Featured silent auction items include but are not limited to:
• Set of Adams golf irons, driver, clubs and bag with a retail value of $1,000sponsored by Harchelroad Motors
• Southwest Nebraska Golf Package including 18 holes of golf for two plus cart at the following courses – Imperial Country Club, Enders Lake Golf Course and Iron Eagle Course in North Platte. West Winds Course in Ogallala is supplying 18 holes of golf and cart for four as part of the package.
• Summer Lawn Care Package sponsored by Longhorn Lawn Service
• Bucket of Wine and Fixins sponsored by The Beverage Barn and Holiday Farms Greenhouses
• Chase County Fair Package including two tickets to Friday and Saturday night concerts, two mega ride passes and two tickets to the demolition derby.
• Golf lesson by Butch Loring and Sleeve of Callaway Balls. The lesson is a three hour session for one person or one hour session for three people. Buyer’s choice.
• University of Nebraska Husker basketball signed by Head Coach Tim Miles.
The general public is invited to bid on these items in advance of the golf benefit. Individuals not attending the golf benefit who wish to bid on these items must place their bid by 2 p.m. on Friday, June 20. Bidding will also take place during the day of the golf benefit on June 21, however bids on that day must be placed in person at the Imperial Country Club during golfing or at Broken Arrow Cellars after golfing is completed.
Anyone interested in bidding on an item or have questions about the auction, contact Vlasin at 308-882-7379 (office), 308-882-6519 (mobile) or email him at rvlasin@chasecounty hospital.com.
All registered golfers will have a chance at several prizes including hole-in-one prize of a golf-cart sponsored by Imperial Country Ford. An added prize will be $350 on hole #2 for closest to the pin on drive for both men and women, which is sponsored by the Hays Companies.
All interested in putting a team in the golf benefit, placing a bid on the silent auction or making a private donation towards the challenge grant can contact Randy Vlasin at 308-882-7379 or email