Weather Forecast

Click for Imperial, Nebraska Forecast

Firemen respond to chimney fire PDF Print E-mail

By Jan Schultz
The Imperial Republican

Firefighters from the Imperial Volunteer Fire Department (IVFD) responded to a reported chimney fire late afternoon Tuesday in the Champion area.
Fire Chief Nick Schultz said the call took them to the Rob Hartman residence, southwest of Champion, where a fire had been reported in the home’s chimney.
After contacting the IVFD, the owner was able to extinguish the fire on his own, the chief said.
IVFD members inspected the chimney and adjoining areas where the chimney goes through the floor and roof for any lingering hot spots or problems. None were found, Schultz said.
No damage resulted to the home, according to the report.
Schultz said the fire may have been caused by something in the chimney or a poor draft.
Firefighters were back in Imperial about an hour after the 5:30 p.m. call.


AP Sports List

AP Video Search