Dundy County site hosting Rancher’s Holiday June 25
Rancher’s Holiday is scheduled for Tuesday, June 25, at Krutsinger Ranches LLC in Dundy County. Registration will begin at 1:30 PM (MDT) at the ranch headquarters northwest of Parks.
The focus of this year’s field day is “Grazing During a Drought.”
- Range Management on Krutsinger Ranches—Von Hoss, Ranch Manager.
- Grazing Practices During a Drought—Nadine Bishop, NRCS, State Range Management Specialist.
- Palatability of Rangeland Plants—David Cook, NRCS, Range Management Specialist.
- How Drought Affects Wildlife—Heather Francis, Pheasants Forever, Farm Bill Biologist.
- Cost Share Assistance for Ranchers—Andy Keep, NRCS, District Conservationist.
- PRF and Vegetative Index Insurance for Rangeland—Robert Tigner, SW Four Extension, Extension Educator.
Following the presentations, a steak supper will be served.
Registration is $15 per person. This fee can be paid the day of the meeting. RSVP by June 21 to the Imperial NRCS office to guarantee a meal.
Directions to the ranch are as follows: From Parks, drive north for two miles, turn west on Rock Creek Road and drive approximately three miles. There will be signs posted.
For more information or to RSVP, call the Imperial NRCS office at (308) 882-4263 ext. 3.