By Jan Schultz
The Imperial Republican
Three Chase County basketball players, a senior and two sophomores, were named to First and Second Teams in the SPVA Conference coaches’ picks for 2012-13 all-conference.
On the boys’ side, sophomore Jeff Dickey made the First Team, while fellow sophomore Kelton Fisher was picked for the Second Team.
Bethany Sorensen, a senior Lady Longhorn guard, was named to the Second Team in the girls’ all-conference picks for the past season.
Two more Longhorns on the boys’ side were selected honorable mention—senior Kale Gockley and sophomore Isaac Sorensen.
Coaches from the six SPVA schools met to make their all-conference selections following the conclusion of the boys’ state basketball tournament earlier this month.
Here are the full all-conference boys’ and girls’ teams and honorable mention picks.
- First team—Joseph Clinch, St. Pat’s, senior; Sean Keenan, St. Pat’s, senior; Jeff Dickey, Chase County, sophomore; Quinton Hite, Perkins County, senior; Tyler Fear, Sutherland, junior.
- Second team—Mark Mayfield, St. Pat’s, junior; Kelton Fisher, Chase County, sophomore; Alex Johnston, Perkins County, senior; Landan Maassen, Hershey, junior; Dylan Johnson, Hershey, senior.
- Honorable mention—Isaac Sorensen, Chase County, sophomore; Josh Connell, Hershey, senior; Zac Miller, Maxwell, freshman; Elliot Carlson, Perkins County, senior; Joseph O’Malley, St. Pat’s, senior; Kale Gockley, Chase County, senior; Brandon Fletcher, Maxwell, senior; Brandon Niesen, St. Pat’s, senior.
- First team—Daynlee Miller, Hershey, senior; Shelby Allberry, St. Pat’s ,senior; Maegan Hiatt, Hershey, junior; Samantha Staggs, Sutherland, junior; Mandy O’Malley, St. Pat’s, senior.
- Second team—Samantha Byrn, St. Pat’s, senior; Brooke Frederick, Hershey, senior; Samantha Kennedy, Sutherland, senior, Jalyne Schuster, Sutherland, junior; Bethany Sorensen, Chase County, senior.
- Honorable mention—Michi Prante, Perkins County, senior; Joli Hopping, Sutherland, senior; Maddie Seamann, Hershey, junior; Anna Crane, Maxwell, junior; Brittany Lawrence, St. Pat’s, junior; Anna O’Malley, St. Pat’s, sophomore; Shania Metcalf, Perkins County, senior.