Nebraska State Fair receives international recognition
The Nebraska State Fair has received a number of Awards of Distinction from the International Association of Fairs and Expositions (IAFE) headquartered in Springfield, Mo.
Joseph McDermott, Nebraska State Fair Executive Director, said, “This is by far and away the most awards the Nebraska State Fair has received in a single year. It’s a testament to the outstanding work of the State Fair board and staff, and our commitment to making the fair better each and every year.”
Here are the awards received:
First place communications awards:
• StateFair.org won for Best Fair Website.
• Fan Fair took top honors for Best Electronic Newsletter
• The State Fair’s Mobile App took home the top prize for Best Individual Mobile Effort
• The utilization of the State Fair’s Mobile Website, Text Messaging, Text to Win and QR Codes placed first in Mobile Campaign
First place competitive exhibits awards:
• A photo of RFD TV’s World’s Largest Antique Tractor Parade
First place soybean and sustainability:
• The State Fair’s recycling program with emphasis on plastic recycling
Second place agriculture awards:• Antique Tractor Parade
• Livestock Bedding product as part of the Green Program
• Opening Weekend partnership with RFD-TV and Rural-TV
Second place marketing:
• Black and White Newspaper Ad
Second place competitive exhibits:
• The Lineworkers’ Rodeo
McDermott said, “The Nebraska State fair takes great pride in knowing that our event has been selected for these prestigious honors. It’s reinforcement that we continue to move in the right direction when compared with our peers in the industry.”
The awards were presented Nov. 28 during the 122nd annual IAFE Convention held in Las Vegas, Nev.