Museum announces summer schedule
By Carolyn Lee
The Imperial Republican
Nola Straub of Wauneta sat in the Chase County Museum in Champion last Sunday, painting fabric. She plans to do the same this Sunday, during the second weekend of the quilt show. Sponsored by Crazy Quilt Guild, the show features quilts she, her mother and sister have made.
Over 60 people enjoyed the displays last Sunday.
Local quilters contributed other quilts, for a total of about 60 displays of quilts, wall hangings and table runners.
The quilts will be available for viewing at the museum from 1-4 p.m. Sunday.
Summer of events
Each Sunday of the summer, the Chase County Museum will feature collections, demonstrations or music. The museum is open from 1-4 p.m.
Following is a schedule of events planned for the public’s entertainment and education:
- May 23—Piano recital (Rob Browning).
- May 30—Making porcelain dolls (Kaylene Silvester).
- June 6—Wood carvers (Jim McKinney).
- June 13—Development of firearms (Alvin Christensen).
- June 20—Stinnette starting gate (Sharon Wallin) and hammer collection (Mark Spady).
- June 27—Aprons and flyswatters (Mary Aaberg).
- July 4—Imperial’s 125th Celebration.
- July 11—Ice cream social and snowmen (Vikki Robinson).
- July 18—Candlewick crystal (Jean Moline and Wilma Egle).
- July 25—Chase County Road Show (Lloyd Michaels).
- Aug. 1—Model airplanes (Vilas Smith) and Quads Youth Band.
- Aug. 8—Chase County Fair, no special exhibit.
- Aug. 15—Chase County Fair, no special exhibit.
- Aug. 22—Highlight museum medical, dental and hospital displays.
- Aug. 29—Eagles (Jack Wilson) and UMC Gospel Band.